Kedrick was taken to the hospital in critical condition. He was pronounced brain dead the next day but kept on life support so his organs could be donated. "His death saved eight lives today," said his father.
His father said the gun was faulty. He said they had called police about six months ago after the gun randomly discharged while on a dresser in their bedroom. The store where they bought the gun said there was a faulty spring and replaced the magazine.
Cynthia said she had the gun with her Monday when she got home. As she was walking toward the house, carrying the pistol, it unintentionally discharged. She told her husband they would have to bring the gun back. It was right after this that the gun discharged again, killing her stepson.