The gun discharged and the bullet struck 40-year-old Lynn Adams in the chest. Adams died of her injuries.
Thomas was arrested and charged with involuntary manslaughter and reckless conduct.
Salons seem to be dangerous places to be these days. Consider:
- October 21, 2012 - 7 shot, 4 killed in Brookfield, Wisconsin salon by husband of employee.
- October 18, 2012 – 4 shot, 3 killed, in Casselberry, Florida hair salon by estranged boyfriend of employee.
- Sept 27 2012 – 2 shot, 1 fatally, in Dorchester, Massachusetts hair salon.
- Sept. 24, 2012 - 1 shot and killed, 6 others, including 2 children, held hostage at Sioux Falls, South Dakota hair salon by employee’s estranged boyfriend.
- July 14, 2012 - 2 shot and injured inside an Ellicott City, Maryland hair salon by employee’s estranged boyfriend.
- April 6, 2012 – Patron shot when gun in purse unintentionally discharges in Chicago, Illinois nail salon.
- February, 22, 2012 – 4 shot and killed inside Norcross, Georgia salon by relative of spa’s owner.
- February 13, 2012 – 5 people shot, including 2-year-old girl, during shootout inside Vallejo, California nail salon when gunmen targeting a customer.
- October 12, 2011 - 9 shot, 8 killed in Seal Beach, California beauty salon by employee’s ex-husband.